Sunday, April 21, 2013

Dropping Loads Productions: DVD Load-Down #14 - The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Pouch here. I'm particularly excited with this week's selection for DVD Load-Down. The flick we chose is pretty special to me (and you will hear about that at great length) because the book which it was based off of has been sort of a bible to me over the last six years, since I first read it. You may think I'm exaggerating, but honestly, I recall many moments of weakness and despair, simply flipping to a random passage in the book and finding solace in the cryptic guidance of the book. Pathetic, huh?

There's not much to preface about this sketch. As simple as it seems to you, it was much simpler than that writing and shooting the damn thing. I think it took less time shooting than it did writing, but I was more than happy to take the time out to write it. This one was a pretty cool collaboration, though Milky deserves the credit for supplying the great punchline when I was totally directionless. It also meant a lot for me that I could properly imitate our dear protagonist. You be the judge of that.

 Now, watch as I excessively extol The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment